Dog Training is Easy (and FUN) with our Board & Train Program
Does your dog need trained but you don’t have the time or patience? Nervous about sending your canine family member to a large kennel to train? Life has a way of getting in the way – whether it’s for a day, a week or more.
With Gretchen’s Board & Train service (offered in the Columbus, Ohio area), she will welcome your dog as a member of her own family. Gretchen will work with your dog on improving problem behaviors, fine-tuning their basic training skills, or challenging them with learning new skills through patient and positive reinforcement-based training.
With all the personal attention, positive dog training, non-stop socialization and play, you can be assured your dog will be happy and content! Gretchen serves the following Ohio areas: Columbus, Hilliard, Dublin, Grove City, Upper Arlington and Bexley.
Board & Train Packages in Gretchen’s Home
What’s Included in Every Package:
- Every dog will be welcomed as a member of Gretchen’s own family (that also includes four friendly and social dogs). They will receive lots of personal attention, positive dog training, K9 socialization and play!
- Each day, dogs will receive two positive reinforcement-based dog training sessions for the duration of their boarding stay.
- Owners will receive one follow-up session in their home the week after the dog returns home to address any dog training issues or questions.
- Owners will also receive a clicker, training pouch, and training handouts.
- Pick-up/drop-off service available (additional fee if boarding less than 5 days)
• Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations (proof required) • Dogs must be healthy and free from any symtoms of illness for at least 24 hours prior • Dogs should be comfortable and appropriately social around children and other dogs.
Your Veterinarian Recommended Trainer
Gretchen Collins, BS, KPA-CTP, RVT brings years of professional dog and cat experience to your home. Your kids will love her fun, encouraging approach. And you’ll enjoy peace of mind using only positive, effective training techniques guided by a certified dog trainer. Gretchen’s a mom too, so she understands the need to trust your pet around kids, neighbors, family, and friends. Read more about Gretchen’s background and credentials.
- Experience Gretchen has exceeded pet parents’ expectations since 2006
- Results You’ll be amazed how quickly your dog or cat learns new behaviors with clicker training
- Convenience Training in your home, scheduled around your busy life
- Education As a certified trainer, Gretchen uses only scientifically-sound, positive methods
- Real-life solutions Maximize results by training where you need it most
In the words of a happy client (one of many)
Our 5 year old Aussie is too smart for his own good. He’s stubborn and loves eating chicken wings off of downtown Columbus sidewalks. He’s done some training and knows a lot of tricks, but gets too excited around sidewalk snacks and people.
We left him with Gretchen when we were out of town for a week and a half, and he had a blast as part of Gretchen’s pack. Gretchen sent us daily videos of her training sessions with our dog and even had her children lead training sessions so he could have more experience being around kids. When we picked him up, Gretchen was able to demonstrate the strides he took and had a training session with us so that we could continue using the methods that had been successful. Our dog is much better behaved on walks and around other people: we’re able to keep his attention much more and he jumps far less, all thanks to Gretchen’s positive dog training methods. We have already booked his second stay with Gretchen!